Identity Theft Protection
Effective May 19, 2017, Wells Fargo has discontinued the Wells Fargo Identity Theft Protection plan product. Wells Fargo team members who already have an Identity Theft Protection plan can continue to access the Member Center.
Other Important Details
- Identity Theft Protection is not a credit counseling service and is not intended to help you obtain a loan or improve your credit record, history, or rating.
- You must have a current profile with each of the three credit bureaus (Experian®, Equifax®, and TransUnion®) to purchase Identity Theft Protection.
- If you purchase Identity Theft Protection online, you are required to enter a valid email address to receive updates and alerts.
- Daily monitoring of all three credit bureaus will notify you if the following items have been added to your credit report: new inquiries, new accounts, certain new derogatory information, public records, potentially negative information, cards reported lost or stolen, or change of address.
Not interested in daily monitoring or looking for a free credit report?
Visit the Federal Trade Commission and annualcreditreport.com for more information.
Wells Fargo Identity Theft Protection further complements the built-in protection already included in Wells Fargo accounts:
- Credit and debit cards with added security chip technology
- 24/7 fraud monitoring
- Zero Liability protection1 at no extra cost with your debit card and temporary replacement if that card is ever lost or stolen
*Resolution Specialists are available Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Central Time
1. Please see your applicable Wells Fargo account agreement and card terms and conditions for information on liability for unauthorized transactions.
Identity Theft Protection is not FDIC insured.
Published May 19, 2017