Identity Theft Protection
Help keep your identity yours
Monitor your personal information for signs of identity theft.
Wells Fargo optional Identity Theft Protection is a set of simple-to-use tools that help ensure you are prepared in the event identity theft happens, and if the unexpected takes place, take control by having support while recovering from it.
With you being a Wells Fargo Team Member, you and your family members are eligible to receive special pricing.
Get started now for $6.99 a month. You can also purchase over the phone by calling 1-877-224-4480.
Why choose Wells Fargo?
Automatic daily monitoring of your personal information
- Save time by getting a comprehensive report from up to all three credit bureaus (Experian®, Equifax®, and TransUnion®) in an easy-to-read, customized profile which will establish the benchmark for monitoring activity.
- Wells Fargo monitors all three credit bureaus daily for changes that might indicate identity theft, like requests for new credit, opening of a new account, or a change of address.
Alerts at the first sign of a potential problem
- Act quickly and take control if unusual or unauthorized activity is detected through daily monitoring of your personal information.
- You'll receive your alerts via email if you purchase online. If you purchase over the phone, your alerts will be delivered via US Mail.
A team of Resolution Specialists* ready to help
- If your identity is compromised, we'll give you a personalized support contact who will walk you through the steps to recovery.
- If your credit card is lost or stolen, we'll help you quickly cancel and replace it.
Other Important Details
- Identity Theft Protection is not a credit counseling service and is not intended to help you obtain a loan or improve your credit record, history, or rating.
- You must have a current profile with each of the three credit bureaus (Experian®, Equifax®, and TransUnion®) to purchase Identity Theft Protection.
- If you purchase Identity Theft Protection online, you are required to enter a valid email address to receive updates and alerts.
- Daily monitoring of all three credit bureaus will notify you if the following items have been added to your credit report: new inquiries, new accounts, certain new derogatory information, public records, potentially negative information, cards reported lost or stolen, or change of address.
Not interested in daily monitoring or looking for a free credit report?
Visit the Federal Trade Commission and annualcreditreport.com for more information.
Wells Fargo Identity Theft Protection further complements the built-in protection already included in Wells Fargo accounts:
- Credit and debit cards with added security chip technology
- 24/7 fraud monitoring
- Zero Liability protection1 at no extra cost with your debit card and temporary replacement if that card is ever lost or stolen
*Resolution Specialists are available Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Central Time
1. Please see your applicable Wells Fargo account agreement and card terms and conditions for information on liability for unauthorized transactions.
Identity Theft Protection is not FDIC insured.
Published June 9, 2016